Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Rethinking My Blog


I've been contemplating the idea of starting two new blogs, one focused on travel and the other movie reviews, only to rethink some things.  What is it I want out of life?  What do I really want to accomplish?  What would happen if I tried to manage three blogs at once while working on other things?

And then I realized, my music, the games I'm working on with my brothers, and the fictional stories I'm working on is more than enough, and more important.

One blog, for now, is more than enough.

I was tempted to start the other blogs simply because the eclecticism of this blog may prevent me from gaining a bigger audience.

So what does it come to?  I like to write, take pictures, think about stuff, experience, and share.

And when certain projects are ready to share, I'm going to enjoy writing and posting about these dreams turned reality.

This blog needs a little more focus, but in an eclectic way.  I Just Like Way Too Many THINGS!!  Ah!!!!!!!

So I've been working on a form:

Movie Mondays
Travel Tuesdays and Thursdays
Whatever Wednesdays
Fun Fridays

Though Wednesdays could also stand for Work, Wisdom, and Writing (when I start posting poetry again, or short fiction).

Friday could also be Family and Fantastically Random, because it's Friday.  Friday's should be random, but no day of the week starts with an "R".

And I'm thinking of not blogging on Saturday or Sunday, using those days to prep for the week.  The main goal is to aim for 5 blog posts a week, but 4 minimum, and if I miss a day it will be a Wednesday, to keep it balanced.

So lets see how this goes!!

Oh, and when I start getting music going to where I'm ready to share again, Monday will be Music Monday, and my movie reviews will be bumped to Theater Thursday.  Because, why not?

This is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment