Saturday, January 26, 2019

Talea Studios Update: January 26, 2019


I haven't done one of these in a long time.

New Year, New Focus.

Last week I had a meeting with my siblings, and it went very well.  There are a lot a projects we're working on, and in the process we found much needed new footing.

There's not much I can say.  There are smaller projects that will roll out.  But, most important, what gets me excited, is that there is a major project that will take a bit of time that we've decided we're ready for.  It's a project that we never felt ready for, but as we've grown and worked on our talents, we're finally ready to tackle this awesome goal.  It's a passion project.  And that's all I want to say! 

There's a quote that's been popping up in my life recently.  I've mentioned it twice in the last month: "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."  Walt Disney.  Sometimes words or sayings will show up in our lives as a beaconing message.  I'm going to heed this wisdom.

Last May I got to visit Disney's private apartment at Disneyland, and at the end the hostess talked about Disney being a storyteller, and how there are still storytellers.  I wish I could remember the words she said, but it touched me.  And I realized in that moment how much I want to be a storyteller.  So I'm getting to the basics.  Working through some Great Courses Plus lessons.  I think I just have this love of stories.  I've always loved stories.  My music is a form of storytelling.  When I perform, it's storytelling as well.  And I just think of Kermit the Frog, sitting on his log in the swamp, playing his banjo and wanting to make millions of people happy.  That impressed me so strongly as a kid.  The idea of making people happy through art.

So those are the goals.  A lot of secrets!!!  I can't tell you how much I hate keeping secrets.  But as time moves forward and things finalize more will be revealed.

I just wanted to let you all know we're still working and wanting to make incredible things possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment