Monday, January 7, 2019

Disneyland and California Adventure During the Holiday Season and other Doodads


Last November I visited Dinseyland and California Adventure right at the start of the parks Holiday Season.  My Mom and I were there two and a half days.  On the first day, a half day, my Mom and I drove down from Las Vegas and headed into California Adventure around 5 pm.  We choose C.A. as our half day because we visited the parks last May and spent a considerable amount of time there, and single park tickets vs hopper tickets are cheaper.  I would have loved more time in C.A., but I'm lucky for anytime at all.

In California Adventure they had the park decorated and booths lining the street all the way to the new Pixarland serving food and whatnot.  Nice festive atmosphere.


 Before heading to Pixarland we had to eat.  It's a long drive from Las Vegas.  One of my favorite places to eat is Flo's V8 Cafe, but they changed the menu!!!  They used to have this roast beef sandwich with horseradish aioli sauce and caramelized onions.  Sooooo gooooood.  But they don't have it anymore.  Other menus around the parks have been changed up as well, and not for the better.

Radiator Springs Racers was shut down while we were eating, but it opened up when we finished, and the single rider line was completely open.  We practically walked onto the ride, which was awesome.


 So glad Pixarland didn't remove Mickey.  That would have been tragic.




 I didn't ride the updated Incredibles roller coaster.  Not enough time, and I get motion sick on more intense rides.  There's this bracelet band thing that presses against a pressure point on the wrist that's suppose to help with motion sickness.

I should look into that.





 That night we rode Radiator Springs, Little Mermaid, and Soarin' Around the World.  The line for Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty long, so next time.



 I was in California around the time the fires were going on Northward.  When I saw this pin I had to do a double take.  Is that a magnificent sunset?  Or a wildfire going crazy?  Well, Mickey seems happy.


 Love this tree.


 The Rain Forrest Cafe and ESPN is permanently closed to make way for a new hotel.  We stayed in a nearby hotel and walked over.  The security lines are light up this way, and taking the monorail into the park avoids the lines at the park gates.  The monorail is a fun way to enter Disneyland.





 Must admit, the Storybook Land ride is one of my favorites.

All the tiny things are so cute.


 Out of all the pictures I took around the parks, it's sad that this is all I have of New Orleans Square.  Still one of my favorite areas.  Love listening to jazz music or that pirate band that sometimes play.  Kinda makes you want to do a little soft-shoe.  Not kinda, it does. :0)



 Festive It's a Small World all lit up and the projection show.




 The new(ish) Fantasy area is peaceful at night.  It was fun cranking the Hunchback of Notre Dame music box, which I didn't get a picture of.  But it's a fun little thing you can check out.


 The Music Cabinet in the Penny Arcade off Main Street U.S.A.  When I was in Germany last October we visited a music cabinet museum, and it was amazing. A serious highlight.  It's nice that Disneyland has a music cabinet that plays Disney tunes.


 View of the Matterhorn from the monorail exit.



 I may have ridden Big Thunder Mountain Railroad three times . . .


 Bryce Canyon at Disneyland.

I've never been to the real Bryce Canyon.  Need to change that sometime.



 My favorite ride when I was a kid: Splash Mountain.



 Found on the path between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

You can hear the clinking of a miner.


 It was hard finding sweets that were pure chocolate.

Jolly Holiday Bakery.


 Changing History on the Pirates of the Caribbean.


 Where I saw the Holiday fireworks.  A little far from the castle, but I was right in front of a walking path and just ahead of Main Street, so I could turn around and look at the animated light projection on the buildings.


 Vintage postcards on the Christmas tree.  This one looks familiar.  I think I've mailed this particular one in the past through postcrossing from a vintage postcard book.


Now it's January 7th, so this is all finished.  The first Monday in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment