Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Visiting George Sand's Home in Nohant France


So in April 2016, while visiting Patou, she took my Mom and I to visit George Sand's home in Nohant France, which was a short drive.

In all honestly, I didn't know who George Sand was, besides the fact she is one of Patou's favorite authors.  I just thought it would be fun seeing an 1800's French manor.


 Driving through the French countryside was lovely in April.

All these yellow flowers everywhere.


 And I loved passing through random towns.

This one had a castle like building in the middle.



 Though I didn't know who George Sand was, I know Chopin.

I was confused at the nods to Chopin in the surrounding areas next to the home.


 Turns out they had a "thing" going on.  Who am I kidding?  At was so much more than a "thing".  They had a full on affair.  It is here, at Nohant, where he composed many pieces.  The guide said that while he would play the piano, she would sometimes be underneath, listening.  Or did I read that in the pamphlet?  There's a lot I missed thanks to not being fluent. One things for certain, they meant a lot to one another.






 We weren't allowed to take pictures while inside.  This was a picture my Mom took before being told not to take any more.

There were some really nice rooms.  I loved seeing where Chopin played and composed.  The room with the puppets was interesting.




 We didn't see the garden as we arrived to the area late.






Photos by Sarah and Robin Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment