Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The New Disney Wisdom Quote Series from the Disney Store: Dumbo


 "The very things that held you down are going to carry you up & up & up!" ~ Timothy Q Mouse

 Disney Store's Mickey Memories was a rush.  Crazy.  I didn't find out about it until the end of April sometime, but it was still insane how popular this series became.

This year, on the third Saturday in the U.S.A (except in December when it's the second Saturday), Disney Store is doing Disney Wisdom, a series of plushes and merchandise with favorite Disney quotes.  Last year with Mickey the full set consisted of a plush, pins, and mug.  This year Disney Wisdom has the plush, pins, and mug, but also has a t-shirt, wall art, and journal.  The t-shirt and wall art are online exclusives.

Also, with the pins, last year they released a book where you can slip the pins into clear pockets for page flipping viewing.  This year I was hoping they would do a pin book again, but instead they released a canvas wall hanging.  I ended up getting the wall hanging, but funny enough I won't display Disney Wisdom pins, instead showcasing my favorite pins that I've collected through the years from the parks. I have so many, but will only showcase my favorites in a clean, balanced way.

As of today, January 23, 2019, only the mug, t-shirt, and Disney Wisdom canvas pennant trading pin holder is available.  Everything else is sold out.

Disney stores in the U.K. sold this set the day before the U.S. did, and interestingly enough the pins were the first to sell out.  Here in the States the Dumbo plush sold out first.  Also, the store I went to only got 12 plushes, so they were the first to go.


 Waiting in line.  What I got.  My Mom also got the mug.


 Dumbo: $26.95

So cute!!

I wasn't going to get Dumbo, as he's rather large, but I knew where I would display him and couldn't resist.  He really is adorable.  And I like the stitch work on the ears.


 Disney Wisdom Dumbo Pins: $16.95

I do like these pins, and the pins are the only thing I'm going to collect each month.  Because of the silver you have to have the light reflect on it just right to see the lines, but other than that it's nice.


 Disney Wisdom Dumbo Journal: $16.95

I'm not going to get all the journal's, only the ones with quotes I really like.  I really need to start journaling again.  I use to write all the time.  But I love this quote, and I love this design with the silver.  It's really nice.  Oh, I should have taken a picture of the binding, which says "Disney Wisdom Vol. 1" in blue.



 Disney Wisdom Dumbo Mug: $18.95

Rather expensive for a mug, but it's nice.


 Disney Wisdom canvas pennant trading pin holder: $19.95

And it came with a free pin with Walt Disney's quote:

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."


I like the free pin.  And I do like the canvas holder, though I wonder how pins will look when I get my pins out and place them on this.  Will the weight affect the way it looks and hangs?  We'll see, but I'm not ready to tackle the task.

So, thoughts.  I like the first set.  I like the quote, which means a lot with what I'm trying to do with my life.  It's a good start of the year quote.  I will be getting the plush, pins, and journal next month as well, as the Mulan quote is one of my favorites.  From there I haven't a clue what I'll get each month.  I won't get all the plushes.  I will get all the pins.  I'm not sure I'll get all the journals.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment