Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Cheese Aisle at a French Supermarket


The above aisle is the cheese aisle.

If you love cheese, a French supermarket has such a great variety.

My mind was blown by all the options.  Where do you start??!!

I have such simple American tastes.  I love me some cheddar and pepper jack.

This supermarket is in Issoudun, the center of France.

It was fun going up and down the aisles, buying some French music and Kinder Eggs, among other things.

This one time Patou wanted to cook my Mom and I chicken enchiladas, because she loves Mexican food.  Finding the right cheese was such a trail!  What would be a good substitute?  Then, right when we were about to give up, I believe my Mom found a bag marked "Tex Mex Cheese," pre-shredded cheddar.  There were no blocks of cheddar, which is the best, especially if you need to melt the cheese.  (Pre-shredded cheese is coated in potato starch).  But the Tex Mex mix worked just fine.





So what did we do after buying gloriously healthy food?

Eat at McDonald's. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment