Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Movies I can't Wait to See


If you've been following this blog, then you know how much I love going to the movies.  For fun I thought I'd link up trailers of movies I'm looking forward to seeing.

This Movie, The Life of Pi, is coming out today.  It's based on a book by Yann Martel.  I've never read the book, but the movies trailer looks amazing, and the fact that the movie currently has a 92% fresh tomato rating isn't half bad.


Next is The Hobbit, Part 1!  (There are three parts . . . don't get me started on the fact that this book has become three movies.  I don't see it working very well) But besides that tangent, The Hobbit has always been my favorite J.R.R. Tolkien book, and when I found out the Lord of the Rings was being turned into a movie, and not The Hobbit, I was quite disappointed.  Now the movie is almost here, and it looks dazzling.  The Hobbit comes out Dec. 14.


Les Miserables.  I have been waiting for this movie for a very long time.  There was a movie version that came out in 1998 staring Liam Nelson, but it wasn't tied to the musical at all, and completely left out Eponine.  How can you leave her out of it?  Bad choice.  

When I was in middle school we studied this musical in 8th grade English, and then the traveling Broadway show came to Bakersfield.  Our whole class went, and I was mesmerized.  Then in High School I got to see another touring company perform the musical in Fresno.  Each time spectacular, and each time I wished to see the musical version on the big screen.

They did something revolutionary with the music for this film, something I hope continues with other musical movies.  While the actors were performing, they had a keyboardist playing the music off to the side, and the actors performed live, the orchestration being laid over in post-production.  That sounds exciting, and I hope it turns out well.

I just hope the movie's awesome.  The movie comes out Christmas Day.  Below is the International Trailer, which shows some more songs then the previous trailer day.


Oz the Great and Powerful comes out March 8th, 2013.  It's the pre Wizard of Oz story, but is different then the musical Wicked, and is not based on any of L. Frank Baum's writings, from what I've read.  Still, the movie looks fantastic and imaginative, and if anything the graphics and art will be a feast for the eyes.  I love good cinematography.  The new trailer, the latest, shows the four witches of Oz.


 And finally The Host, coming out March 29, 2013, is the science-fiction young adult novel by Stephenie Meyer.  I've never read her Twilight books, nor will I ever, but The Host is intriguing, and the movie looks interesting.  Take a look below at the latest trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment