Friday, November 23, 2012

Surviving Black Friday


When I woke up this morning I was determined not to have anything to do with Black Friday.  It's this crazy thing we have here in the States, and it takes place the day after Thanksgiving.  It represents the start of the Christmas buying season, and all these stores offer crazy deals and sales.

Yesterday my Mom, brothers and I got back from our trip in California, and our Dad prepared an amazing Thanksgiving feast.  It was incredible, but after a long trip, and a long drive home, going out shopping wasn't appealing to say the least.  Then my Mom and I had to return the rental van, and on the way home my Mom decided that she wanted to get into the black Friday spirit.  That was around 9:00 am this morning, 11:00 pm and we just got back!

It was super fun, to say the least, and it's cool being surrounded by the hustle and bustle of shopping frenzies.  We started out at Target, where we got a free bag of samples and coupons, then went to the movies with my brothers to the the Life of Pi (review coming tomorrow).  Then off to Costco we went where they were handing out cookbooks.  The Mall was the last place we went, and it was crowded.  Somehow two-hours disappeared at Bath and Body works.  I'm still trying to figure out how that happened.  Weird.  I smell good, though. 

Crazy day!  Glad it's over.  Hope your black Fridays were fun and eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment