Monday, November 12, 2012

Cerulean Jade Update 11-12-2012

(What I'm using to practice the cover song "Living in the Moment")

"The Greatest Barrier to Success is the Fear of Failure"
~ Sven Goran Eriksson

I don't think this is the first time I'm admitting this, but I'm the type of person who is held back from fear.  It suffocates and overwhelms me sometimes.  And it really shook me last week when Steven said, "You've got to stop being afraid of everything!"  And I am afraid of everything.  The dementors in life dement. 

It's embarrassing to admit these things, but I am so far from perfect it's ridiculous, but this life wouldn't be worth living if we were perfect.  It would get pretty boring fast.

The song I've been working on with Steven gets into this a little, and I've been switching in and out lyrics.  It's making the song better, and we're enjoying the process.  And I've seen some of the stuff Steven and Robbie are working on with the music video.  It's super fun and creative with the way they're playing with effects.  And Steven had me pick out a spaceship outline.  That was fun!  It will be exciting to see all this come together.  

And this whole fear thing, I'm working on it.  Overcoming weaknesses is a process of patience, understanding, and love.  It's not something that happens overnight, but it gets better each day that passes.

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Charlie Brown: You might have pantaphobia. Do you think you have pantaphobia?
    What's pantaphobia?
    The fear of everything!
    THAT'S IT!

    Ha ha ha! Except, apparently, pantaphobia is absolute fearlessness, so, you would have panphobia. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so the goal then is to go from panphobia to pantaphobia :0) He, he, I love Charlie Brown.

      Delete