Thursday, November 29, 2012

I've Now Entered the Twitterverse!!


It's happened.  It's finally happened.  I've now joined the masses and have a twitter account.  Then again I haven't joined My Space yet, and don't plan on doing so any time soon . . . 

When twitter first became popular I vowed this would be one social media platform I'd never enter.  All I ever heard about was how many follows this celebrity had vs that celebrity, as if it was a competition, and how obsessed people were with over sharing.  (It's cliche now, but I really don't need to know when someone is using the restroom.)  The site seemed like a kinda joke, and Facebook is where all my friends hang out anyway.  It's still where they all hang out.

Then there is the overwhelming factor on how to understand tweets.  They're like another language!  All those # and @ running amok every which way.  There's no making sense of it.  It's like a special code, one of which I found daunting, so I generally stayed away.

With the help of some friends and a couple websites twitter-speak is making a little more sense.  

My decision to start a twitter account stemmed to my experience with running the Cerulean Jade fan page, which I need to do a better job with, and feeling limited with what I can share there.  With Twitter I can share what I'm working on with Cerulean Jade and Talea Studios, but then also share things that I find interesting, or currently like, or just overall geeking out over.

So if you're interested, you can check out my twitter page at: https://twitter.com/SarahStuffles

As a note, I tried to get the twitter name SarahStufflebeam, but it was too long and ended up SarahStufflebea, and I just know people were going to look at that and think "bean."  Couldn't let that happen!  Stuffles is pretty cute.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with that! I'm going to stay over here on Facebook, where it's safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where you're safe from drowning? :P Heh, that's why I stayed away so long. It's still daunting.

      Delete