Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kingdom Hearts Mickey Pin


Disneyland, New Orleans Square, afternoonish, 11-16-2012:  I was at the Pin Trading store in New Orleans looking through the latest collection.  If anyone's been to Disneyland in the last several years, it's a pretty well known fact that pin trading/collecting is quite popular in the Magic Kingdom.  It's my souvenir of choice.  They're not too cheap, but cheaper then most things, and the pins are small, so you don't have to lug something around all day, considering you choose not to rent a locker, which comes highly recommended.

Anyhoo, so I was looking through the pins when I found a cloaked hooded Mickey, all by himself and clearly out of place, staring at me.  A little giggle started to grow within as excitement bubbled forth.  "Mom!" I quickly shouted, and showed her the little treasure.  She looked it over, not impressed.  "We have to get it for Steven," I said, and she simply asked why.  "Because," I continued, "It's Kingdom Hearts Mickey!" She still looked a little puzzled as she shifted through Cinderella pins.  "It's his favorite game," a said simply.  "If there is one thing, One thing he would want in this park, this is it.  Trust me, he would want it." She debated a little with me, but I continued to insist that Steven would love it, and so it was bought.

I tried to find one for myself, because, honestly, it's a cool pin.  I haven't played the game myself, as it seems to be the way with me these days.  He plays the games (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, etc) and I waltz downstairs to inquire after the plot and watch recently unlocked scenes.  Then I geek over the music.  I love game music. Utada Hikaru has written two great songs for Kingdom Hearts: Hikari and Passion.  Oh, and the Piano Collection to Final Fantasy X and X-2 are simply gorgous.  Steven bought me the CD's and Sheet music while in Japan (well, X-2 is mine, he claims X, but I get shared joy in borrowing.)

I'm off topic!!  

About an hour later my Mom and I joined up with my bros Steven and Robbie.  They were off riding rides (namely Star Tours an extra time) while my Mom and I did "girly stuff."  

Steven was super excited and declared, "You'll never guess what I found!" He pulled out a small white bag, and I knew immediately what was inside.

"It's a Kingdom Heart Mickey pin, isn't it?" I asked, and his face fell a little.

"How did you know?"

"Mom and I got you one," I laughed, and I showed it to him.  Ha!  So now I have a Kingdom Hearts Mickey pin of my own, and my little Disney pin collection continues to grow a little more epic.

 (Copyright Square-Enix.  Found Here)

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of kingdom hearts, but I'm still all retro with my Super Nintendo, and my latest concession, Nintendo 64. So, I've played final fantasy (LOVE!), and of course zelda, and some of the others. I may have to check out that one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kingdom Hearts is awesome because it combines both classic Final Fantasy and Disney characters. It seems, though, most of the games (and later Final Fantasy games for that matter) have been designed for the PS2/PS3, Nintendo DS, and PSP. I hope I got those right.

      I love classic games! For me is was the Super Nintendo as well :0) Twice, in elementary, I proved my Super Mario World expertise by erasing the cartridge and passing all 96-99 levels (I forget the total) in a 24 hour period. Proud moment of my childhood. Today I don't even think I could get into Star World!!

      Delete
  2. It's like riding a bike with Super Mario World. It's amazing how you just pick up where you left off! I try and pass it every year or so, depending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has a Super NES with the game and brought it over several months ago. I didn't play too long because we were all taking turns, but I couldn't believe all the things I thought I'd forgotten resurface. Like how to properly get Mario to fly when he gets the feather! Silly things like that. It's scary what gets buried in our brains! Why can't my French come back in the same way . . . ah man.

      Delete