Monday, December 3, 2012

Cerulean Jade Update 12-03-2012

(Showing the size of my Guitalele next to a regular guitar.)

My brothers and I have made a decision in regards to Cerulean Jade: We're no longer going to do cover songs (unless the songs are in the public domain).  It was a big decision we made last night after a long talk.  From the beginning I was nervous doing cover songs, but we went ahead with it because it's the best way to get noticed as independent musicians.  The covers we've done have been great practice in learning to create and master music, and in finding our sound.  Thing is we don't want to be a cover band.  We want to produce original music and make that our focus.

It's a little nerve wrecking.  Will anyone find us?  Will our music get lost and buried in the emptiness that is the intergalactic web?  There's risk here, but then risks must be taken, right?  There's so much music within us that we want to share, both vocal music and instrumentals.  And we're excited to share what we're creating. Our next original song, which I haven't announced the title of, will be released before years end.  It's an important goal of ours.  I'm going to start sharing pictures of the process on the Cerulean Jade fan page and on my twitter feed.  

That means, then, that I wont be putting up a cover to Jason Mraz's "Living in the Moment," though I love the song and it's a lot of fun to sing.  I've learned a lot practicing the song on the Guitalele, which has such a lovely tone, and the lyrics to the song have become my personal mantra.

"I will not waste my days making up all kinds of ways
 to worry 'bout all the things that will not happen to me." 

and

"I'm letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong."

It's a great song and worth a listen. 

So that is the path we're on.  Exciting things are around the corner :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment