Friday, September 28, 2012

More Potter?


Maybe not, but in an interview by the London AP, J.K. Rowling is not closed to the idea of writing a story in the Harry Potter Universe.  She doesn't want to write more about Harry, stating she's finished his journey.  Personally I think it's a great idea, being a Harry Potter fan, and I love expanding creative universes (it's worked well for Marvel and D.C. after all.)  

"But ... if I did have a great idea for something else, I probably would do it. I am very averse to the prequel-sequel idea. A sidestep could maybe ... well, we'll see." J.K. Rowling said.  Talking about prequels, I would love a collection of short-stories centering around the Myriad Misadventures of the Mischievous Marauders; I'm sure there's a wealth of material that can be gleamed from Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Wormtail.  Personal wish.
 
This interview came per-release of Rowling's new book The Casual Vacancy which was released yesterday.  Have I read it?  No.  Will I?  Not anytime soon; I love my fiction steeped in fantasy, thank you very much.  And from the videos I've watched and reviews I've read about this new book, it's overwhelmingly adult in theme, language, material, etc, and for personal reasons I choose not to read such material.  Then there's the fact that the Kindle download is $17.99, which is disgustingly ridiculous.

The amazon reviewers, as of today, has given the book a 3 out of 5 stars, albeit true HP fans who haven't read The Casual Vacancy could have lowered the score out of spite.  Regardless, though I understand Rowling wanting to write what she wishes to write, I hope she returns to the magic we've all grown to love.        

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment