Friday, September 14, 2012

The Amazing Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3


When I watched the movie Serendipity (starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale) back in 2001, there was a scene when the two leads were at Serendipity 3 drinking the famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate.  I wanted to try it!  Only problem was that the restaurant is located in New York.  Definitely a place I wont be able to visit in a long time, being a west coast girl and travel is expensive.

Then, on a stop in Las Vegas, I noticed that Caesars Palace had a Serendipity 3 sitting right in front!  Even then making time (when on a 13 hour drive) is hard to do, but this year I finally got to visit the restaurant and try the drink.        

Verdict?  Amazing.  It's a good thing I live so far away.  The Frrrozen Hot Chocolate is not a milkshake, but a blend of 20 exotic cocoas, ice, and milk.  The drink is a little pricey, but worth an occasional splurge.  Also, you can now buy the cocoa mix online at Amazon.  I've never tried the "make at home" version, but the reviews are positive, and I've even seen the drink made (with Serendipity 3 cocoa packets) on the Food Network.    

So worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment