Monday, September 24, 2012

Chalk the Block Part 1


Shops at the Riverwoods, located in Provo Utah, had their first Chalk Art festival named Chalk the Block this last week.

 Below is my Moms most favorite Chalk Art drawing.  It was done by artists Bailey and Rebecca who currently attend Timpanogos High School.  I wish them the best; they're both incredibly talented.




Some more amazing drawings.





 The Next piece is by featured artist Dawn Wagner.  She first got her start in Santa Barbara 24 years ago, and has since participated in about 80 chalk art festivals.


 The angle you view the piece affects the way it is seen.


Below is from another featured artist Rebecca Pletsch.


Amazing day!  Amazing works of art!  More pictures are coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I so wanted to see that! I almost did, but my niece insisted she couldn't go at the moment we passed by since she wasn't "dressed." Teenagers... :P They have some incredible art! I hope they do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't dressed? That's so sad! Well, hopefully they're doing it again in Provo. But I know SLC has a festival at the Gateway in the beginning of Summer:0)

      Delete