Thursday, September 27, 2012

Attack of the Flavor Grenade!!

(The Flavor Grenades my brother and sister brought over)

"Do you want a Flavor Grenade?" my brother asked me, 
setting a box on a the kitchen table.
"A what?"
"A Flavor Grenade," he simply repeated.
"Those things are actually called that?"

Even after my brother and sister left, nieces in tow, I thought they were making up the whole "flavor grenade" bit.  No fruit can actually be called that!  A short google search later proved that that was the literal name of the fruit. 

A Flavor Grenade is in the Pluot family of fruit, a cross hybrid of a plum and apricot.  I was surprised by the crisp, soft, yet firm, texture of the fruit, and the explosive flavor.  It's 10 thousand times better then a Grapple.   

You can buy the fruit trees off a couple of websites including Amazon and Nature Hills

Below is a farmer talking about the Fruit Grenade.  


I don't know where you can buy the fruit, but my brother and sister-in-law bought a box from the Shops at the Riverwoods farmers market last weekend.  Enjoy!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment