Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Steampunk in Tokyo DisneySea


(April 2019) Mysterious Island and Port Discovery at Tokyo DisneySea are places of wonder.  The first focuses on Jules Verne with two rides: Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.  Journey to the Center of the Earth is my favorite, very similar to Radiator Springs in California Adventure.  20,000 Leagues makes me feel claustrophobic.  But overall Mysterious Island has a really cool feel, especially at night when it's all lit up.

Port Discovery is really close to Mysterious Island as they're connected by a tunnel.  It's what I wish Tomorrowland was like.  Funny enough I was watching a documentary on Disneyland Paris/Euro Disney a few weeks ago and how that park was designed with no Tomorrowland, because Tomorrow always comes and then it feels old.  So true.  Disneyland Paris has Discoveryland with a steampunk Jules Verne flair.  When I was in the 5th grade I visited Euro Disney, when it was still called that, and was just blown away with Discoveryland.  It was so cool!  Port Discovery takes it to a whole new level in design and atmosphere.

There's so much I love about Tokyo DisneySea, but Mysterious Island and Port Discovery are honestly my favorites.  Oh!  Can I have a favorite!!??  But seriously, Tokyo DisneySea does Steampunk justice.  And Journey to the Center of the Earth really is my favorite ride in the whole park, but then Radiator Spring Racers is my favorite Disneyland/California Adventure ride, when Soarin' Over California isn't playing.


















































 Photos by Sarah, Robin, Steven, and Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment