Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brigham City Peach City Restaurant


Peach City, in Brigham City Utah, is an old fashioned, 50's dinner.  The parking lot is as such that you can imagine the restaurant served as a drive in at one point, a la Sonic Burger.


We all took turns picking songs for $0.25 each.  I picked "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys, the second most quintessential 80's song from my childhood.  The #1 quintessential 80's song?  "We Built this City" by Starship (who also sang "Sara," a song that haunted me my whole childhood.)  "We Build this City" had already played in the restaurant, so I got to hear my two most favorite 80's tunes. 


Waiting for my food.


A Haddock fish sandwich with waffle cut fries and fry sauce.


The place had a really fun atmosphere.  My only big complaint is the service.  It took them a good ten minutes to get our order, and when a booth opened up nobody cleaned the tables.  Some locals came in and started cleaning another booth, so we followed suit and cleaned our table.  That was weird.  Hopefully it's because the restaurant was packed.  But still, cool times.

2 comments:

  1. They had a place like that in New Mexico called Johnny Rocket's, and I LOVED it! I love those old diners! They have something like it in Provo, The Malt Shoppe, but I don't like them as well. It's really run down, and they typically only have one person taking orders and making food, so it takes an eternity. I used to say it was worth it, but I'm not so sure anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a 50's diner where I grew up in Porterville. They had the most amazing Milkshakes!! Bad service can ruin any good experience. Sad, but true.

      Delete