Sunday, July 7, 2013

What I Found On My Brothers Wall


I went into my brothers room the other day and found this.  It's been hanging on their wall for many years now, probably when one of them earned their Eagle Scout, but I've never read it.  This last week, with 4th of July/colonial activities (pictures coming these next few days!), I've been contemplative about this Country and my Revolutionary ancestors (I really need to join the D.A.R.).  American Revolution vs French Revolution, Individualism vs Collectivism, why one succeeded when the other failed, have all been on my mind.

I love this quote because it is about personal responsibility and our divine nature.  Being apart from the world and not of it.

"That we may reach our full potential and soar above the temptations of this world, we must first come to a knowledge of our eternal individuality, and know that our thoughts and actions are of our own choosing and not that of Destiny."

1 comment: