Monday, July 8, 2013

Colonial Festival at the Scera Park in Orem UT


The Colonial Festival at the Scera Park in Orem UT by the Colonial Heritage Foundation.  This is the seventh annual festival they've done, and sadly it's my first time attending.  It's like a Renaissance Faire, but early American Colonial style.
 
The Festival was amazing!!!



 The Isaiah Thomas printer was finished just 3 weeks before the festival, and was recreated through blueprints from the Smithsonian and the printing plate is also from the Smithsonian.

 
 I loved this demonstration from the Bethlehem Bakery, a bakery out of Provo.  Very interesting, and the bread was really good too. 













This is a video highlighting what the festival is like.  I can't wait to go next year!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a good time at the event!! My name is Brie, my parents are the organizers of this event, and founders of the Colonial Heritage Foundation. Thank you so much for the support!

    Would you mind if I linked back to this post on our Facebook page? You can email me at nefertiri684@gmail.com

    Have an amazing day!!
    Brie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! Thanks for liking the post. I really did have a great time :0) Sarah

      Delete