Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Morning in Salt Lake City


This morning I was in downtown Salt Lake for a Utah Odyssey of the Mind meeting.  Odyssey is going to be amazing this year!  I''m so excited!  (It's an excellent program about creativity for kids that's worth checking out.)  The meeting was supposed to be on the south side of Salt Lake, but due to circumstances it was moved to the SLC Library, which I've been to once before.  Awesome place!  Expensive parking (as in $1.50 every half hour, which is why I took TRAX.)


 At the meeting they talked about the Worlds competition and had a pile of pins from the pin trading, which is apparently super popular.  I never made it to Worlds, getting as high as 3rd at the California State Competition.  But the above pins from Iowa are so beautiful.  I'm going to have to see if I can find them on Ebay.


 Such a cool design.


 The inside of the Library.


 I remember from a couple years back this amazing comic book store.  I was actually hoping to buy a comic, but it's gone out of business.  Really sad.


 I've never been to The Leonardo, but when I saw it was next to the Library I had to at least step inside for a look.  Didn't see the above exhibit, but it's going through Sept. 15, and I want to come back with family or friends.  It's more fun then doing this sort of thing alone!

After talking to the people at the ticket desk I found out that in November they're getting a dead sea scroll exhibit with the actual scrolls!!!!!  I've going to that!!!!


 In the Lobby.


 Saw this in the gift store and wanted it!  But not for $12.  I wanted it because I can actually read it!  "Oishii" = delicious.


 Backside of the Library.


 Not sure what that building is, but it sure is pretty.  I believe it's on one of the postcards I bought to send people through postcrossing.com, but I'm not as observant as I should be.

(My Sister-in-law just looked it up and it's the Salt Lake City Hall)


 Waiting for TRAX.


 Back to where my car was waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment