Sunday, January 20, 2013

Soft Flowing Rapids, An Original Poem


 Soft Flowing Rapids

Upon a mountain top packed with snow
Where wind looks down on rocks below
Where nothings changed for months apply
I see myself in years gone by

The sun beats down and drops collect
And with each effort all are met
Slowly moving by and by
A life for me I have to find

I see another coming near
We join together and face this fear
With our strengths we form a team
Hope shines on our trying stream

A storm arrives, we separate
And then my heart begins to ache
A cliff arrives and I fall down
In the splash I will not drown

The rapids of life do crash and burn
And I am at loss for where to turn

Dear Heavenly Father up above
I know you're there with all your love
For in my thoughts I send this prayer
With my faith I have no fear

The Ocean shore I'll someday meet
Life right now is incomplete
I can wait through sun filled days
For life is joy in all its rays   
                 
~ Sarah Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment