Monday, January 21, 2013

The Ever Popular Hello Kitty


I guess this is the post where I admit I haven't grown up . . . 

Right before Christmas a dear Japanese family friend sent my Mom the above Hello Kitty on the left.  It was an incredible, most unexpected surprise.  The Hello Kitty on the right I got several years ago at a Sanrio store in the Mall. 

My first experience with Hello Kitty was in the first grade at Christmas.  I got a Hello Kitty backpack full of school supplies.  That day I became a fan, and that backpack went everywhere.

Now, I'm no fanatic or anything, but I do have a few token items I really enjoy, such as the original Hello Kitty perfume by Sephora.  It's fruity, yet sophisticated.  Honestly, Sephora has quite a collection of nice beauty products for us older fans.  And a few years ago MAC did a Hello Kitty cosmetics line.  

It almost seems like she's more popular now then when I was a kid.  She's everywhere, literally, and I get the feeling she ain't going away anytime soon.

It's kinda funny but my Mom, who didn't know I was already planning to write on this subject, got me the Honey Day gift below.  (A honey day gift is a gift you give a friend, family member, etc, on a day other then a holiday.)

Fun, sweet, and cute, she never gets old. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hello Kitty! You are never too old for Hello Kitty...I've never seen the perfume, though. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Sephora in the JCPenney at the Provo Towne Mall! It's small compared to the one at City Creek, but there's a nice variety. I prefer the original scent. Can't get into the newer fragrances. (And ask for a sample. You can get three small samples with each visit to a Sephora. I always get perfume samples. A lot of fun :0)

      Delete