Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cerulean Jade Update 01-03-2013


Robbie, Steven, and I are hard at work!  Our real good friend Josh, who is working on a film/television degree from UVU, which is the same degree Robbie is working on, came over and taught us some really important tips for creating our music video.  Namely he showed us proper lighting techniques (it's just as important to light the green-screen as it is to light the person standing in front of said screen.)  And he showed us the importance of using the right lens: Wide angle vs. Telephoto. 


Last week I posted the above photo on twitter and facebook as a hint towards the latest song were working on and creating the music video for.  If you've been keeping up with the Cerulean Jade posts you'll realize there's a space theme to the music video.  This apple, surrounded by snow, provides the clue.  (The snow has nothing to do with the clue; I was being artistic, and taking advantage of the snow storm.)  Newton!  Newton's apple, which has to do with gravity.  (As a note I used to watch Newton's Apple on PBS.)  So apple = Newton = gravity = Done with Gravity!  "Done with Gravity" is the title of the song, and that's all I'm going to say about that for now.  I no longer have to refer to the song and "that song," which will make writing about it so much easier.


A couple weeks ago I was lamenting over the fact that I may not get a jet-pack for the music video, because we didn't know how to create the effect.  Well, one morning when I was going through my taped NHK World shows, I saw this!  Kentaro Kobayashi, known for his solo stage show Potsunen P, was coming up with ways on how to look like he was swimming underwater.  Then I thought, "Hey!  That could work in space too!  And the cloth can be the green-screen!"  I showed the segment to my brothers and they liked the idea, so we're playing around with it.


Above is a sampling of space ship sketches Steven presented to me.  He asked, "Which Spaceship do you want?"  So I got to pick my spaceship!  You'll have to wait till later to see what I choose :0)

More to come next week!  It's all coming together.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment