Friday, December 3, 2021

Getting My Fortune From A Pirate

Getting a fortune from a pirate in Disneyland, New Orleans Square, is probably the cheapest souvenir you can get in the parks.  (Shhh, don't tell Chapek).  It's a whole 25 cents.  A quarter.  Put a quarter in the machine and out pops a card, the Pirates of the Caribbean theme playing while a treasure map lights up.  The machine is found in between two stores in New Orleans under an archway of sorts.  I was getting out of the sun while waiting for a text for a reservation at Cafe Orleans.  

There was the waiting pirate sitting in his box.  I couldn't resist! Quickly grabbing my wallet I searched for a quarter.  Thankfully there was change.

The very first fortune was nice and sweet: 

"I see yer dreams, pirate! Do ye see 'em too? Givin' chase to a wish serves ye well.  Should ye e'er feel off course, set yer gaze upon the stars. Makes no difference the pirate-the night sky be a guide to yer heart's desires."

As I started digging for a quarter for my Mom so she could have a fortune, the machine started moving!  The song playing!  And I tried giving it a quarter, only for it to spit the quarter back out.  A fortune popped out which my Mom claimed.

Then I popped in my second quarter and another fortune came out:

"Impressed ye be with the uniqueness o' the Magic Kingdom. 'Tis yer creative nature what gives ye an appreciation fer such artistic details. Aye, but ye sails a course charted on detachment and ye signs articles with no one. 'Bout ship, matey, this here cruise be on the wrong tack. There be trusted lubbers standin' by to help chart this creative talent and arrange fo'c'sle coucils with important patrons. Do not repel them. Mark well me words, matey: Solitude be a pleasant port to visit, but a lonely place to stay."

This fortune hit me a little hard.  I know it's all silliness and fun, but there was some truth here that hit me in the heart.  That last line... it's so true.  And I've hung out at the port of solitude a little longer than anyone ever should.

Have a nice day,

Yo ho yo ho! A pirates life for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment