Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Bright at Night

It's interesting how we all have different experiences depending on where we live. Natural events. Things we read about but cannot truly understand without living. 

Someday I would love to know what it's like to see the aurora borealis, glow worms in caves, fireflies.  I've tried to imagine, looked at pictures, seen videos, but someday I hope to see these things in person. 

When I was a kid I always wanted to live where there was snow.  Snow days and snowmen and sledding down hills.  With all the imagining there was something I never knew existed: How the world can be bright at night.

This phenomenon happens every time it snows at night. Each time I'm equally amazed. Looking outside everything is milky white, cloudy, swirly, lit up and glowing. It's strange and wonderful, something I never knew existed as a kid.

Heh, I have a love/hate relationship with snow. Childhood wonder mixed in with not wanting to clean frozen fluff off my car. 

In the end it's all amazing. Someday I hope to see the sky drapped in waves of color. For now I'm enjoying daylight in the dark.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment