Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Creator's Playbook Podcast, Episode 88: "Doctor McDuke" ~ Time Loops

The Creator's Playbook 

Episode 88: "Doctor McDuke" ~ Time Loops

Hosts: My bro Robbie and I

This turned out to be one of my favorite episodes!  And it almost didn't happen.  A lot of things were going on Saturday morning during recording, each in our homes with our individual set ups.  Robbie has two adorable kids, but as what happens when children are awake and playing, there was some crying.  On my end a plane was flying by in close proximity.  We were both a little spent, a little lost, and were about to hit the "stop recording" button and literally record the entire thing again on another day.  We didn't.  We pushed through... and I'm so happy we did.  This episode was really quite fun.

"What if you could have the perfect day? Nothing went wrong, all you did was right, and in the end you come out on top in every way. What kind of effort would be required to do that? It would take a culmination of all effort or very special circumstances. Or, maybe you could just relive the same day over and over again until it was just right. Time-loops are a story phenomenon that find themselves getting told again and again. Join Robbie and Sarah as they explore the inspiration behind time-loop stories."

Time Loops.  Funny enough I was watching a cute little show on Hulu this morning, Find Me in Paris.  It's for kids.  A little cheesy.  But super adorable.  The main character, a ballet dancer from 1905, time travels to 2018, and in the episode I was watching this morning one of the characters got stuck in a couple second time loop.  How annoying would that be??!!  But time loops are a fun plot device.  A movie about a seriously underrated holiday is all about a time loop.  In this episode my brother Robbie and I have fun talking about time loops, role playing a little, and then creating a story about a time loop.

Creator's Playbook is a podcast about the creative process, hosted by my brothers and I, and each week we tackle a new topic.  It can be found on Spotify, Apple, etc.

Hope you're having a great week!

I just looked at the weather report and I think we're getting 11 days of snow... :\

Sarah

    

No comments:

Post a Comment