Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December Health Goals: Operation Serotonin!

We're less than a month now until the start of 2021 and everyone begins their resolutions.  Crazy sauce.

Needless to say a lot of my 2020 resolutions have been tossed to the side, but there's still a month, and there's still time to make this year a positive.  One of my goals was 500 miles walked.  I've only done 336.45, so that leaves 163.55 to go.

Now, as with time goals change.  I want to get my miles, which would require 7.5 miles a day with two rest days a week.  I got 8.7 miles on Monday and 8.1 miles yesterday.  The way I'm going about earning has changed.  For walking I use the Nike+ app, which is really good for tracking indoor and outdoor miles.  But with starting iFit workouts I'm also doing the elliptical machine and a spinning bike.  For those I've decided to count 18 minutes on the machines as a mile, which is considerably less then the mileage the readouts say.

The benefit to all this is all the serotonin I'm going to get in the process.  Heh, though the one thing I've experienced these last couple days is feeling very tired.  It will be interesting to see how this month progresses.  But I'm determined.  Totally going to do this.

I'm working through a Conqueror Event for a Mount Fuji medal.  The medal is seriously one of the prettiest I've ever seen.    Pretty bling is a motivation.  I'm already over 50% towards the goal, and on Monday I did the iFit Mount Fuji Hiking workouts 2-7, back to back.  Such a workout!!  All on the elliptical, which is probably easier than the treadmill, but afterwords I felt tired good.

After Mount Fuji I'm going to brave Route 66, which is 2,280 miles which I'll either start this month or next, but the goal is to get all the miles by the end of 2021.  For that, and with Fuji, I am counting the full miles earned while biking and doing the elliptical, and not the 18 min to mi conversion.  Having the indoor bike is the only way I could complete the challenge.  It's a bucket item to road trip the whole length of Route 66, so it's cool to be able to say I biked, walked, and did the elliptical for the full length.  Now, granted, I don't know how accurate the mileage readouts are for the machines, but I'm not going to stress about it.  

So next year I'm not worrying about losing weight.  I'm still going to track weight as a measurement, but the true measurement I'll be doing next year will be mile based.

So, yay, fun crazy goals are afoot, and by the end of it I'll have worked through all the iFit workouts I've saved in my favorites.  (There's SO MANY!!)  I'm traveling the World from the comfort of home, but I really do hope to be able to go on a trip next year.  Feeling so land locked.

And ALL that serotonin is going to help me in so many ways. :D

I'll let you know New Years how I did. 0_0

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment