Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thoughts After a Week of #GiveThanks & What I'm Most Thankful For

It's been a little over a week since President Nelson issued a challenge to #givethanks and share gratitude everyday.  Many of my friends took on this challenge as well.  Suddenly, overnight, my Facebook home feed was filled with gratitude and thanks, for a full week.

For the first day it was just really interesting.  On the second day I, sad to admit, got a little annoyed, mainly because I was just feeling lonely and stuff.  Silly little things, and I felt selfish for the emotion and worked through it.  And for days 3-7 I embraced it and it was just really nice.  

There's been a lot of negativity on social media, so having a week of positivity was a really good change.

Some things I was grateful for weren't mentioned like music and stories.  But the one thing that I'm most grateful for I didn't share this last week, and that is my family.  I'm most thankful for my family.

So after a week of gratitude I hope to carry this on personally.  Funny enough I have gratitude journals that I've purchased--more than one!!--and this challenge has motivated me to open the journals up and work through them.

Hope you have a nice Sunday and a good week,

Sarah.

(I didn't create these memes, but they were getting shared on Facebook, and are pretty funny.  I don't know who created them.)



No comments:

Post a Comment