Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Walking Around Issoudun France in the Daytime


April, 2016.  The history of Issoudun, France, goes back to the middle ages.  Richard the first, from England, defended the city.

The White Tower, which we visited towards the end of the trip, was ordered by Richard the Lionheart to be built during the 12th century.

The city was also attacked during WWII.  Patou's Mom, when a child, was pulled to safety when Italian planes dropped bombs.

It's an interesting city, full of narrow passages.  We often visited the town center.  When I think of France this isn't what I think of, but I was glad to experience this city located in the center of France.







 I believe Patou said this was once a jail.
















 These narrow streets always made me so nervous when we drove down them.









 Attending a veterans ceremony.

We were able to attend two while visiting.



 The pastry pictured above is an Issoudun specialty.
















 The home Patou's Mother grew up in.

You can feel the age.  The history.

It was humbling.

During WWII a bomb from an Italian plane fell in the street.  Patou's Mother was a child, and right before the bomb hit a stranger pulled her to safety.

Can you imagine?

The gate wasn't locked so we were able to go inside for a look.




 At the movie theater we saw Jungle Book.  Figured that, out of the movies that were released, Jungle Book would be the easiest to follow with the French dub.



 I drank a lot of Hot Chocolate while in France.




 Rue des Bons Enfants.

This street must have once had fantastic children.







2 comments:

  1. Marvelous pictures, felt like I was right there. Beautiful- wish I had that vacation!!!! My native land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the pictures and this blog post. Central France is beautiful. Have a great day!

      Delete