Friday, February 8, 2019

My Latest USA Postage Stamp Haul


I bought these stamps a couple months ago, so some of the sheets you can no longer buy, but I finally put together a batch of Postcrossing.com postcards.  25 postcards in one sitting.  I love stamps.  Since I was a child I've been fascinated by them.  Though my collection isn't big, I collect what I like, and these are pretty fun stamps.

Sending postcards internationally requires either a Forever International stamp, which is $1.15, or combine two $.55 Forever stamps with an extra ounce stamp totaling $1.25.  That last option is 10 cents more, but so much more fun, and those who receive the postcards I send are always thankful for the unique stamps.


 I LOVE these dragon stamps.

Though the picture doesn't show it, there's reflective copper.


 I couldn't find the pins on the USPS online store, but they're really neat.


 And I love the different images for the digital color postmark.


 These stamps are a nice size, and I love the images.


 Again, the DCP's are each different, which is cool.


 You can no longer buy a sheet of Mr. Roger stamps.

The DCP and Cachet are still available.


 I have no idea what a cachet is.  I ordered it because it looked cool, but haven't opened it.  At some point I probably will take a look.  But it is nice.



 O Beautiful are incredibly gorgeous stamps.  20 different stamps!

These are no longer available as a single sheet, but you can get them in a package of DCP's, First Day of Issue, etc.


 This set is no longer avaliable, but since I couldn't afford 20 different DCP's, getting a single DCP with a stamp sheet makes the cost breakdown so much easier.



I didn't get a sheet of Turning the Tide, but I had to at least get the DCP.  This last October I visited both Germany and France.  Realizing that last year was the 100 year anniversary of WWI ending, I brought my red poppy umbrella in case it rained.  Silly, probably, but the symbolism was special.

One of my favorite cartoons growing up was "What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?"  It haunted me as a kid, and has stayed with me.  Seeing the landscape 100 years later is humbling, and this DCP is a nice memento.

No comments:

Post a Comment