Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Finding Utah in Orvieto Italy


While wandering the beautiful streets of Orvieto I found a travel advertisement for California and Monument Valley in Utah.  Utah!!  Here I was in this charming Italian village on a hill, and they're advertising Utah.  And then I realized how much of my own backyard I haven't ventured.

I've never been to Monument Valley.  Never been to Bryce Canyon or Canyonlands.  It's just one of those realizations of how I'm always dreaming of far off places, while not exploring the magnificent places that are a short drive away.  Well, Monument Valley is about a 6 hour or so drive with stops, but still, that's a days drive.

It was interesting seeing a little piece of home in this little Italian Village.

(Monument Valley is based in Utah, but also spreads into Arizona.)


 Such charming passages and streets. :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment