Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Fever

("Springtime Bliss" by my Mom Robin Stufflebeam.  You can buy it on Etsy)

"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"  ~ Mark Twain

I've got spring fever something bad!  The weather has been teasing us something fierce.  It's got quite the sense of humor.  

A couple weeks ago the temperature and air felt so amazing.  Though we're surrounded by beautiful mountains, the weather felt like the beach.  Cool, calm, with a fresh crisp and soft bursts of air.  My favorite.  Then this last week we were attacked by snow and cold temperatures.  Yesterday I visited a freezing Park City and drove through a snow storm in Provo Canyon.  Granted it's still March, and it can snow as late as June, that's happened, but just a hint of warmth and being able to walk around outside without a jacket has got me a bit stir crazy!

A part of this may be the wicked Winter we've just had.  Early last December I heard a news report saying that we were going to have another mild winter.  I was distressed because I wanted to build snowmen this year.  I even wrote on twitter Dec. 4, 2012, "Another mild winter = not being able to recreate Calvin and Hobbes snowmen scenes."  Ha!  Didn't happen.

January was nothing but constant snow, a bought of freezing rain, and flu.  I got sick 3 times that month, fighting the flu, fevers, and ear aches.  And it seemed that bug just kept getting passed around.  Get sick, get another person sick, get well, then get sick again.

Needless to say I want it to warm up so I can frolic outside, bike, and go on hikes!  Then there are a whole bunch of activities, parades, and cultural festivities.  This weekend is the Holi Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork Utah.

Bring on the Sunshine and Colors of Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment