Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cravings Cupcakes won Cupcake Wars!


 Cravings: Alisha's Cupcakes in Pleasant Grove Utah won Cupcake Wars last Sunday!  I wrote about them a few weeks ago when I first discovered the little shop with my family, back when I realized that Cravings is, hands down, the best cupcake place I've ever been to, and I've been to a few.  I've got a sweet tooth to appease after all.

This last Sunday Alisha, with her twin sister--owner of Cravings Bistro in American Fork--were both on a redemption episode of Cupcake Wars.  I've been a fan of Cupcake Wars since the first season, and it was fun watching the show having actually tasted one of the contestants cupcakes.  When watching food shows it's hard imagining how the food tastes, but I knew, from experience, that if Alisha made her "Better than What" cupcake (dazzling in chocolate, caramel, and toffee), that there was no way she could lose.

Sure enough, when Alisha made it to the second round and started making three additional cupcakes, I recognized the "Better than What" cupcake immediately.  It was a home run at that point!  (What can I say, it's awesome.)    


 This is the display the cupcakes sat on, promoting the new American Rejects album Kids in the Street.


 Yesterday my Mom and I went to Cravings to buy some cupcakes.  They were selling the four winning cupcakes in a box set: Better than What, Carrot with Candied Pecans, Fruit Pizza, and the Pop Rock cupcake with Roquefort blue cheese.


I hate blue cheese, but the Pop Rock cupcake was super good!


We took the cupcakes home and split each one five ways so we could all have a taste.


 The super cute shop!  I really love the feel of the place.


 I met Alisha, and she was super nice :0)

Check it out!  Cravings, Alisha's Cupcakes: 93 South Main Street Suit C, Pleasant Grove, UT 

And check out her Sisters shop, Cravings Bistro: 63 East Main Street, American Fork, UT

3 comments:

  1. Me likey cupcakes...There's a place up here in Lindon that sells some pretty tasty cupcakes, but the name of the place has slipped my mind. But I seriously get excited whenever I get one from there! When I think of the name I'll let you know, so you can try them out!

    ReplyDelete