Saturday, March 23, 2013

Oz in 3D and Movies in general


I'm not re-reviewing Oz!  I did that ten days ago.  Last week I finally saw Oz in 3D on the Imax big screen.  See, when I originally reviewed the movie I gave it a 3.75 out of 5 stars, and since then there's been a bit of contention.  My Mom still insists that I was being too harsh with that scoring. 

When the movie was over I asked the rest of my family what they thought of it.  "I'd give it no less then a 4," my Dad said, and my Mom instently exclaimed, "See! It's not less then a 4!  Why did you rate it so low?"  Then my two brothers both stated how they really liked it, giving various reasons.

This debate continued as we walked to the car and then all the way home.

"I gave it a 3.75!  A 3.75!  That's 4 minus .25!  It's not that big of a deal!  Point-Two-Five!"

"You should just say," Steven said, completely amused, "That the movie is a 3.995."

"3.75!"

"I still don't think you should give it less then a 4," my Mom returned.

Reviewing movies is a family sport.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be fun to go to a movie with all of you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete