Monday, June 27, 2022

The Dog I Can't Stop Thinking About

Yesterday evening I got back from Disneyland with my Mom. It was a good trip, but as we were leaving for California last week something strange happened: A dog was sitting at the end of our street.  At first I thought it was a cat! (And I just got new glasses! :P ) But the little cream colored chihuahua was sitting dead center at the end of the road, watching us as we slowly approached, the dog's collar indicating it had a home.

When we reached the dog and stopped, it ran and hid in some bushes, peaking shyly to look at us.  I craned my neck to see it and the dog did the same before running off!  This dog running to the right, looking over it's shoulder, knowing we weren't following, and speeding out of sight.  We then turned left.

That sort of thing has never happened to me, which is why this event keeps running through my brain.  Did the dog want us to follow?  Was it in trouble? Lost? Did my Mom and I fail in not pursuing?

Or were we protected from an accident?  Driving through Utah on the I-15 tends to be pretty calm for the most part, but around Las Vegas and Primm the highway gets congested and drivers reckless.  There were a couple cars in particular that swerved within tight margins around people, ourselves included.  Then many, many miles down the road there was a crash involving these two cars and a family van. Could being slowed down by the dog, and therefore creating a chain of different events, allowed us to miss this crash?  

Oh, it's hard to say.  And in the end it could have simply been a coincidence.  Nothing special.  An ordinary moment at six in the morning... so ordinary it's the first time it's happened to me. :P

I don't know! I just hope the dog is okay and with their family. And I need to calm my overactive imagination. :\ But I am glad my Mom and I are safe, and I hope the cars involved in the accident are okay.
 
Sarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment