Monday, June 6, 2022

Tasting Space... Coca-Cola Style

So I think I'm a little out of the loop, because Starlight Cola came out a few months ago, and I've just found out... while visiting Hawaii.  I haven't seen it here in Utah, before or after, but it simply might be because I haven't visited the right places.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I had to try.  Ohhhhhh.... I don't like it!  Is this what space tastes like? Well, remembering in hindsight, there was a berry flavor (raspberry?), and I got a hint of chocolate.  Heh, though I'm watching YouTubers review it, and they're saying vanilla.  Their reactions are positive! Some negative.  And WDW News, talking about Disneyland, said that the Avengers area was selling Starlight Cola in DCA.  
 
Starlight did not agree with my taste buds at all!  The after taste lingered a little too long.  When pouring the drink into a cup there's a dark red color that put me off for some reason.  But the taste is a trip, maybe that's what they were going for.  My Mom and I bought two bottles.  We couldn't finish the first, dumped it down the drain, and didn't open the second.  Left it by the trash while checking out.  
 
Worth checking out? Only if you're into soda experimentation.  In Las Vegas there's a Coca-Cola place on the strip and they do a sampler tasting thingy.  Don't know if they still do this as I did the tasting years ago, but the Starlight drink reminded me of the tasting trip in Las Vegas.  The flavor was familiar.  Didn't like it then.  Don't like it now.  To each their own.
 
Guess I don't like the taste of space. :\
 
Sarah
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment