Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A Summer Storm, Pokemon... and other whatnot's...

It's after midnight. I'm wide awake. Started getting a migraine this afternoon, took my regimen which involves dramimine, which led to a nap. My mind and nausea are better... but sleep is the last thing I want to do right now.

So I'm watching Uncle Roger food vids as I write this, a tiny screen within this phone screen that I knock around when it gets in the way of these words. Efficient. But it also means my focus is distracted, which means I'm not focused... this paragraph is remarkably coherent...

I've been buying pokemon cards off ebay for the kiddos. It's their birthday and Christmas rolled into one, and I'm just giving the cards to them at the same time. When starting the purchases I knew very little about what the game has developed into. After getting carried away *sigh* (the kids will be happy... but... yeah, repenting... -_-;; I didn't go thaaaat crazy, just... hmmmm).

Technically I still don't know much about the card game, never learned to play, and I don't know what cards are the coolest.... but I'm getting their favorite pokemons. Those pokemon cards from the trainer gallery are so much fun. But, yeah, Birthdays and Christmas in one. I can't wait to give them the cards. :D But no more cards... and I may have gotten myself the Eevee and Vaporeon trainer holo cards.... :/ They're so cute!!! But no more.

(I want Ramen...)

We had an amazing Summer storm come through today. So many of the storms that have come through recently also involved wind, kicking up all the dirt in the valley, leaving splattered dirt all over the place. My car was attacked by such splattered dirt, which made looking out the back windows a little dangerous. Today I was going to get it washed, but the migraine stopped me, but then the storm came through. Downpour! Thunder and Lightening!! My car is now clean. :0)

Then this evening I went to the store, and while checking out another downpour happened, thundering overhead. As the storm passed the lightning moved up through the canyon. Just magical to watch. The air is so fresh. 

But with the storm going up the canyon, this would have been a terrible night to go camping. It would have been a little scary. 

(As it's after midnight I'm going to watch some Midnight Mormons. Probably shouldn't mention this channel as their topics are a little crazy at times, but I really enjoy it.)

But camping, my brother and nephew went camping recently, and to keep up tradition my brother brought laptops and a battery so they could play games. That's what my dad would do with my brothers growing up. We'd be in the beautiful Sierra Nevada's! Tall sequoias everywhere!! And they were playing games. :/ I'd hang out by the lake or river trying not to get eaten alive by mosquitos. -_-;; *sigh* 

I probably shouldn't stay up so late. It's just so hard sometimes.

Night all!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment