Thursday, June 23, 2022

Happy 20th Anniversary Stitch!!

Okay, so technically the anniversary was on the 21st, so I'm a couple days late, but the movie was released nationwide on a Friday, so I'm sorta in between these dates.

Lilo and Stitch is my favorite Disney movie. Somewhere on here I know I've told this story, perhaps twice, but this memory is etched.

I didn't want to see the movie, at all. The commercial campaign of Stitch invading other movies wasn't appealing.

My family lived in Utah, but we were visiting my grandparents. Our planned week trip turned into a month as my great-grandfather passed on June 17th in Paso Robles. A lot was going on at this time emotionally. 

My youngest brother Robbie really wanted to see the movie, and my Mom had other priorities at the moment and lacked the interest, so I borrowed the car and took my brother.

I remember this part so vividly!! When Star Wars episode I, the Phantom Menace came to theaters Lucas Film had all these special requirements for the movie to be shown, including top notch film projection, THX surround sound, etc. Porterville's newly built theater wasn't up to these standards, so the theater built a new, large theater to accommodate. 

This theater room was large, and it was on this screen Lilo and Stitch was shown. The theater was packed. So many kids. But as soon as the movie started I was enchanted. From moment to moment I loved the characters, they're growth, and the story's progression. I've been in love with the movie ever since.

Pleasant surprises like this are always nice, and what makes going to the movies and watching entertainment a thrill.

Thank you Stitch. Happy late birthday.

Sarah 

P.S. The first Cars movie is still my favorite Pixar film. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment