Friday, October 23, 2020

Changing Seasons, Cilantro, Macarons, and Songs that Fill Moods


Autumn never seems to last long enough.  Summer and Winter are the forever seasons while Spring and Autumn tug back and forth between the first two, never getting a true fair shake.  Last Tuesday was north Utah's last day in the 70's, and now we are in a temperature freefall, bouncing about here and there with a chance of snow on Sunday.  Yippee!! :P 

Anywho, in other news, I told my Mom that cilantro is really good for detoxing.  Read that somewhere, so it must be true.  And it must be why green smoothies always list it as an ingredient.  And then I told her that some people have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap.  Sadness.  She's never had a problem with cilantro before, but bought a tiny bunch to try.  While having lunch yesterday she ate it and declared, "It tastes like soap!"  I told her it must be in her head, because she's never had this issue before.  After a few chews she decided that it was 50/50.  The cilantro tasted normal to me. *shrug*

Now lavender sometimes taste like soap in things.  But tasty soap!!  Oh my goodness, there's a little shop in the Paseo Nuevo outdoor mall in Santa Barbara called Le Macaron French Pastries, and I just checked and they seem to still be in business.  That's fantastic.  They have a pastry chef from France, and they make Lavender macarons that are so good.  But want to know the best flavor??!!  Rose!!!!  It's so good.  And no other macaron place I've been to has them.  I haven't been to Santa Barbara in well over a year.  It's probably going to be awhile before I get the chance to visit California again.

Please tell me other people are like this... have you ever loved a song so much that it goes on loop, sometimes for days?  A couple weeks ago I was digging "Fallin' (Adrenaline)" by Why Don't We.  Slow beginning, but goes into a great beat.  Then it was Rascal Flatts album "How They Remember You."  That lead me to discover the song "Ocean" by Lady A (formally known as Lady Antebellum), and that song went on loop a full two days.  It fed a mood.  And it crazy slowed down my productivity. -_-;;  Oh, and then I went on a Radio Disney kick and discovered the song "Lie Like This" (clean edit) by Julia Michaels.  It has such a nice chorus.  And now I'm digging the Christian song "Haven't Seen It Yet" by Danny Gokey, which has three versions, and they're all nice.  

Hope you're having a great day! :D

 “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves.” ~ Humbert Wolfe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment