Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Nice Little Midweek Thought: A New Perspective on Perfection

Last weekend was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's like the Super Bowl of the Latter-Day Saint world, only we get it twice a year with 10 hours of broadcasted talks.  It's a chance to renew my spirit, and I always look forward to conference with great anticipation.  Though, funny enough, a year ago I missed conference because my Mom and I were at Disneyland.  (Yeah, I need to pull those talks up on the app and have a listen).  Heh, but all during conference this year I was like, "a year ago to the day I was at Disneyland..." and then I'd sigh and drown in withdrawals. -_-;; ... :P

I have a lot of thoughts over conference, but they're more of a personal sacred nature.  More a feeling of all the ways I need to improve.  But there were many talks that filled my spirit with hope and peace as well.  The Women's session Saturday night was extremely powerful.

Memes start floating around social media during conference each year, and it's always fun to collect them and save them to my phone for later readings and inspiration.  So I'm ending this post with a quote, which I don't really know if it's from conference this year as the print version of the talks aren't available, only the videos are up on www.churchofjesuschrist.org.  

"The commandment to be like Him is not intended to make you feel guilty, unworthy or unloved.  Our entire mortal experience is about progression, trying, failing, and succeeding." ~ Scott D. Whiting

Ha! I take it back.  It is up on the website, from the Saturday morning session: Elder Scott D. Whiting "Becoming Like Him".  Along with this theme, Book of Mormon Central did an incredible lesson on Becoming Perfect.  Puts things in wonderful perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment