Monday, June 3, 2019

A Sunday Drive: Bridal Veil Falls, Provo Canyon Utah


 Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon Utah is a beautiful, easily accessible waterfall, viewable from route 189 through the canyon, but there are also walking trails and a closer road that goes right along the river.

Sometimes when I just want to "get away" I go through Provo Canyon.

It's a short passage met with tall mountains, waterfalls, trees, and a reservoir like lake named Deer Creek.  It's breathtaking.  And I actually prefer the view from Heber City through the canyon than from Utah County.  The mountains take on a different shape from that angle.


 What's amazing is the beautiful nature you can see right off the highway.

Though, if you're willing to explore a little, there's so much more to see.

Sundance is also right off 189, which is another nice little drive along a creek between mountains.  There are times I'll go up the canyon, drive to Sundance, and come right back, not stopping or getting out once, just to hear the water and see the trees.

So relaxing.


I use to wonder if I'm more beach or more mountain.  That seems to be something people ask a lot.  I typically answer with, "Both."  Noncommittal.  I love the beach.  I love the ocean surf.  I love Moonstone Beach in California next to Cambria.  (Okay, I'm having withdrawals.  Dang.)  But . . . but, (hmmmmm), if I had to choose, forced, I might have to go with Mountains.  Oh, but I do love sea coasts full of rocks and cliffs, trees, and cute beach side cities.

Well, beach or mountain, I just love taking a dip into nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment