Friday, November 21, 2014

My Favorite Place in the World: Cambria CA


 Yes, I love Disneyland.  Love, love, love the place, but Cambria CA is my favorite place in the World.  I discovered this quaint little town in the seventh grade, when my class in middle school took a field trip to Hearst Castle, San Simeon.  We drove through Cambria, and I knew I had to return and explore.

These pictures are from a trip I took with my Mom and Grandma last year.


 Where I like to buy old books and look through the art gallery.




 Super yummy BBQ.  I crave central California tri-tip.  I miss the smell, and at this grill you can smell the tri-tip cooking down the street.  Honestly, this is one of the things I miss most living in Utah.  There was a fantastic tri-tip grill in Porterville, where I grew up.  So yummy.


 . . . Have I mentioned how much I love Cambria's quaintness?


 All along Moon Stone beach there's a walking path.  It's necessary during high-tide, but really nice to walk along.  On this trip I didn't photograph any squirrels.  There's so many!!  And they're crazy friendly.


 Moon Stone beach is my favorite beach in the World.  Granted, there's not a lot of beaches I've visited, but I love this stretch of Ocean.  During low-tide it's fun to walk over the rocks and look at the tide-pools, seeing crabs, shells, sea urchins, and other fun things.  Sometimes you can hear an otter in the distance trying to crack a shell on a rock.  And the "sand" on the beach are little stones.  You must wear shoes.  It's fun to shift through the tiny stones to look for different colors, or find "moon stones" which, here, are white agates covered with calcium.


 It's so cold that my Grandma brought a blanket.




 A sign reminding you not to feed the seals.  During certain times of the year you can see them hanging out on the beach.  It's really fun.



 Some of the extended Linn's shops behind the restaurant.

They're all about the Olallieberry.



 My favorite shop.



 It's a tradition to always fill a sachet with potpourri.



Apparently, according to my Mom's cousin, my first cousin once removed, Cambria is really getting hit hard with the California drought, which is really sad.

But I hope to visit one day soon.

Cambria and Moon Stone beach is beautiful in the Spring with all the spring flowers. I love to visit this place in my dreams.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Looks like a great place to spend a couple of days. Maybe on our next trip to Cali! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it!! And you have to stop by Hearst Castle while in the area :)

      Delete