Monday, November 10, 2014

When Thoughts of Failure Nag, Press Forward

(View from the backyard)

"We Sometimes think we would like to know what lies ahead, but sober thought brings us back to accepting life a day at a time and magnifying and glorifying that day."  ~ Spencer W. Kimball

So I was laying on my bed this afternoon, pondering over what I would blog about.  What I was thinking about was something quite different then what you see here now, as my line of sight rested upon the side of my file cabinet, and quotes I haven't read in years begged to be read.  The above quote was one of these pearls of wisdom.

I slipped up this weekend.  Nothing bad, mind, just slipped up from this whole healthy mind/body journey I'm on.  Pizza and burgers, chocolate, etc, my will power shot as mental demons attacked.  Wondering if I can be successful.  Wondering if I'll fail all over again.

This quote was what I needed.

Then my eyesight rested on another quote, this time from Gordon B. Hinckley:

"Rise to the great potential within you.  I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity.  I hope you will not nag yourself with thoughts of failure.  I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve.  I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know how.  If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass."

Another beautiful quote I use to draw daily inspiration from, but had completely forgotten.

And then another quote, this time on a magnet instead of a piece of paper, caught my eye.  Wisdom from the incredibly brilliant Leonardo DaVinci:

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection."

So when thoughts of failure nag you, push forward.

Don't give up.

We're all fighting battles, whether big or small, these battles are huge to us, begging for retreat or a white flag.  Don't wave that flag!  Don't turn back!  Press forward and win that much needed victory.  It's closer then you think.

Life was never meant to be easy, but it's sure worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment