Thursday, November 6, 2014

It Tastes like Flowers . . . Some Drinks Should Never be Fathomed


Lavender!

I love lavender . . .

Love the smell and it's calming nature.

And many years ago I went with my Mom to a lavender festival where I relished how amazing the lavender lemonade and sugar cookies tasted.

Ah-May-Zing.

A guy at Aroma Tools said lavender flavored anything tastes like flowers, but I was determined to think other wise, and later bought lavender flavored chocolate to prove such a thing was delicious.

. . . lavender chocolate is nothing sort of interesting.

A few months ago my Mom bought a lavender flavored bottle of Le Sirop de Monin, because she thought a lavender Italian Soda sounded like fun. 

So last month Steven and I tried it out, mixing club soda with cream and lavender syrup.

The verdict?

It tasted like flowers!!!!!

And soap!

I could only manage a few sips.

It was just Too Weird.

So I highly recommend never, ever trying a lavender flavored Italian Soda.

Unless you like drinking flowers, then you'll love it . . .

2 comments:

  1. Lavender is my least favorite flower smell. I'll take Lilac or Rose fragrance any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say lavender and rose is tied for me, though I really don't like lilac! I'm trying to think if there are any other flowers I like the smell of, but I can't think of anymore . . . pine just popped in my head. Pine isn't a flower! Oh, but Christmas is on the horizon :0)

      Delete