Monday, November 17, 2014

My Birthday at the Stearns Wharf Santa Barbara Aquarium

 

My Birthday is long and gone, but when I was in the midst of it I was in California and decided, for my special day, I wanted to finally check out the Ty Warner Sea Center located on the Santa Barbara Stearns Wharf pier.

In truth, I just wanted to see Jelly Fish.

The exhibit is nothing compared to the Montgomery Bay Aquarium, the Ty Warner Sea Center is very small, but the workers are knowledgeable, and it was fun.


 This little shark dude was really soft.


 This little guy = not soft.  He kinda freaked me out a little.


 Looking at sea creatures with my brother.



 This is officially the most scandalous picture I have on my blog.



 I got to touch a sea snail in the beginning of the exhibit . . . and they feel really weird.  Soft and squishy-ish.




 A view of beautiful Santa Barbara.


 Walking around Stearns Wharf.


 At the Marina.


And the beach.

We visited the Marina and the beach a couple days later.  We were suppose to visit these places on my B-day, but we got caught up looking at shops, and tasting various olive oils, at the Paseo Nuevo mall on State Street.

We never made it to dinner or birthday cake, instead stopping at a McDonald's in Carpinteria on the way back to Ventura.  My "b-day cake" was chocolate chip cookies.  Those were dang good cookies!!  Not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment