Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Recipe for Happiness and Spiritual Well Being


This last week my Visiting Teachers came to see my Mom and I.  What is a visiting teacher?  "A visiting teacher is a woman assigned to watch over and help another woman in her Latter-day Saint ward or branch. Two visiting teachers are assigned to each woman; they contact her at least once a month and encourage her efforts to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. Included in this regular visit is a message of spiritual instruction that is adapted to meet the needs and concerns of the individual woman. Messages often inspire further gospel discussions, and women learn together." From the Mormon newsroom.

My Mom and I are assigned the same two women to teach us, and one of them brought us this "Grand Recipe: for happiness, peace, and eternal life."

And here is what the card said:

1.  Humble yourself.
2.  Exercise faith.
3.  Take on the name of Christ.
4.  Seek Him in word and deed.
5.  Resolutely stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places.

~ by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I love this!

Spiritual recipes are better then food recipes :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment