Sunday, June 30, 2013

"How do I feel the Spirit?" Original Poem


"How do I feel the Spirit?"

How do I feel the Spirit?
Is it felt within the heart?
Can I feel his loving guidance everyday?
How do I feel the Spirit?
Is there something I must do?
Must I listen and obey,
praying day by day,
so I can feel the Spirit's voice?

How do I feel the Spirit?
Will he guide me on my path?
In a World of darkness can I feel the light?
How do I feel the Spirit?
Must I walk beyond my sight?
Can I simply walk by faith,
seeking as I pray,
so I can feel the Spirit's voice?

~ Sarah Stufflebeam

Yesterday I got my first rejection letter.  Each year the LDS church has a church music competition, and these are the lyrics to a children's song I submitted.  Yesterday I found out I didn't even place.  It's so hard not to take it personally!  

I knew what I submitted was a risk.  The song is nothing but questions, and the only resolution is how questions lead to questions, and sometimes you answer a question with a question.  For me that's how I've learned to recognize the spirit, and to walk with faith, following what I feel.  I'm always asking questions to the Lord.  It's a part of the process.  It's how we learn.  And once we got one thing figured out, something new pops into our life, and the questions start all over again.

Anyway, I love this short little poem.  It's from my heart.  It's apart of my own journey and testimony.

In terms of the rejection, I need a little Snoopy attitude.  If that cute little dog can get rejected by the editor as many times as he has and keep on writing, then so can I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment