Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cerulean Jade Update: 06-25-2013


It's been quite sometime since I've written an update!

Steven and I are still working on music.  We took a step back after Done With Gravity was released online, since it was such a huge project.  Much bigger then any of us first thought.  

We've completely reorganize and reformatted the computer, which meant backing everything up.  The computer was causing a whole lot of problems in terms of speed and reliability.  That had to be fixed, and now it has, running nice and smooth.  Backing up our songs was a bit of a chore!  But we were able to.

Next we installed new instruments: Komplete 9.  The possibilities are endless now!  We've been experimenting and trying some new things, deciding what and who "Cerulean Jade" really is.  Right now we're leaning towards electronic/pop/acoustic eclecticism.  It's been fun, and I'm working on lyrics and themes.  I don't want to set a release date, but new music will be coming soon.

And I've decided to start working on Cover songs again.  Sometime ago I stated that we wouldn't be doing that, but I've decided to go ahead and work on some songs myself.  Playing by ear is a huge struggle for me.  It's not one of my strengths.  Goodness, I failed second semester Music Dictation, and retook it, passing with a C.  One of the worst college experiences of my life!  But I worked hard, shed many tears, and kept at it.  By fourth semester dictation, which focuses on 21st century music techniques such as 12-tone-rows and tonal clusters, I passed with an A-.  Super hard, but I worked hard, proving to myself that weaknesses can be turned into strengths.  Even now I still freeze while sitting at the piano, but this is a skill I desperately want, and all things are possible when honest work is applied.

Awesome stuff is ahead! :0)      

No comments:

Post a Comment