Friday, June 28, 2013

For Whoever Finds It, an Original Poem


This is a short little poem I wrote in a few minutes.  Usually I'll only post material I've worked at; never something this rushed or rough.  Yesterday I was at an awesome activity with my LDS YSA Singles Ward friends in Manti UT, and in the attic there was an ol' fashioned type writer.  I had to write a poem!  Made me really appreciate spell check and being able to erase.  The title comes from the fact that I left the paper in the attic and didn't take it home; it'll probably get thrown away without a second look.  This is what I came up with.

"For Whoever Finds It"

 Coming from a little town
There was a boy who loved to frown
Around the town this boy would go
Miserable and all alone
His hair was brushed
His shirt was white
Straight A's, clean room, all was right
Though teachers pet he might have been
He never once had had a friend
When he grew up he went his way
Good school, good job, big house, good pay
Now he's old, alone and grey
Negatives is all he'll say
So never where an awful frown
An empty life for one renowned

~ Sarah Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment